Nontraditional Student Scholarship
Continuing Education offers a Nontraditional Student Scholarship each semester. The maximum award for this scholarship is $850 or 80% of the cost of one course. The award amount is based on available funding and a competitive essay review. The spring application deadline is Jan. 30.
Eligible students must be:
- Nondegree seeking (not formally admitted to a CU degree program)
- Age 22+
- Enrolled in courses offered via ACCESS, Boulder Evening Credit, Online Credit, the International English Center, Applied Music, or Career Explorations.
Note: Students enrolled in Evening MBA, Engineering Anywhere, Ads A2B, and CUBIC are ineligible for this scholarship
College Opportunity Fund
The College Opportunity Fund (COF) is an amount of money given by the state of Colorado to Colorado residents enrolled in undergraduate credit courses at a Colorado college or university. Each year the Colorado Legislature sets the stipend (amount given to students as a per credit hour amount).
You are eligible to use this money for your Continuing Education enrollment if you are:
1. not formally admitted to a degree program (also known as a nondegree student),
2. a resident of Colorado, and
3. taking undergraduate courses through the ACCESS program or CU-Boulder Summer Session.
How to Apply and Authorize COF
1. Apply online through the College Access Network.
2. Authorize COF when you enroll in your course(s).
Please note – it may take three to four days after you apply for COF for you to be able to authorize. You cannot apply and authorize COF on the same day.
3. Questions? Call us at 303-492-5148.
The COF stipend is not applicable for Continuing Education’s Evening Credit, Online Learning, Applied Music, Individualized Instruction, or International English Center courses. The tuition rates for many of these programs are based on the tuition paid by Colorado residents after the COF stipend is applied.