University of Colorado Boulder
June 3, 2013 – May 8, 2014
The post-baccalaureate program is designed for “career changers” who were academically successful as undergraduates and have completed a bachelor’s degree, but have not completed the prerequisite courses needed to apply to medical and other healthcare-related professional schools. This intensive yearlong post-baccalaureate program (one summer, followed by a fall semester and a spring semester) is appropriate for students who are either recent college graduates or experienced professionals seeking a career change.
This program is designed for students who have:
• A strong academic undergraduate record with a bachelor’s degree in a non-science field. Most applicants will have a grade point average of 3.3 (on a 4.0 scale) or above.
• Completed college algebra and trigonometry, or the equivalent.
• An informed understanding of the health profession they seek to enter based on extensive and meaningful clinical experience in a healthcare setting such as shadowing medical professionals, volunteering with patients, or employment in a healthcare field.
• An interest in becoming a Medical Doctor or Dentist.
We offer you the opportunity to gain a solid foundation in the science classes necessary to apply for graduate medical studies. Students receive individual advising, study skills for science classes, and application assistance. The only prerequisite class is precalculus (algebra and trigonometry). All students in the program take the following classes:
General Chemistry 1 with Lab
General Chemistry 2 with Lab
Introduction to Cellular and Molecular Biology with Lab
Organic Chemistry 1 with Lab
General Physics 1 with Lab
Principles of Genetics with Lab
Organic Chemistry 2 with Lab
General Physics 2 with Lab
An optional second summer, with Anatomy, Physiology, and/or Biochemistry courses, is available.
While in our programs students must maintain a 3.0 GPA and courses cannot be taken for pass/fail or no credit.
Tuition for the 2013-2014 is based upon the University of Colorado Boulder in-state and out-of-state tuition rates. Students in the program are assessed a nonrefundable $800 per semester program charge.
An approximate program cost for an in-state student is $20,000.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis beginning November 1, 2012. Submit materials via mail to Post Baccalaureate Program, Continuing Education, 1505 University Avenue, 178 UCB, Boulder, CO 80309
or FAX to 303 492 3962.
For additional information on the application process email email@example.com.
1. Personal statement describing your interest in graduate medical education, and a summary of your skills and clinical experience including your most significant healthcare experience. Please include any additional information you believe the committee should know in considering your application. The personal statement should be no longer than two pages, double spaced. It is important that you detail your experience (volunteer or paid) in healthcare.
2. An up-to-date resume detailing your education, work, and volunteer activities.
3. Official transcript exhibiting the official seal and signature of the registrar from each college or university you have attended.
4. Standardized test scores from the GRE within the past 5 years.
5. Two letters of recommendation.
6. Application and non-refundable application fee of $50. Make checks payable to the University of Colorado.
International students who are not permanent residents of the United States are not eligible for our program.
The program follows the Boulder main campus add/drop and refund schedule for nondegree students. The $800 per semester program charge is nonrefundable.
The program follows the Boulder main campus withdrawal policies and applicable dates for nondegree students.
Post-Bac Pre-Med Program questions:
Application materials may be submitted beginning November 1, 2012.
Submit materials via mail to
Post Baccalaureate Program
1505 University Avenue, 178 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309
or FAX to 303-492-3962
To schedule an advising appointment
Contact an advisor: