December 26, 2012

Apply Now for the Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Program

Medical-school and dental-school hopefuls can catch up on the prerequisite coursework they may have missed as undergraduates by enrolling in the University of Colorado Boulder’s Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Program. Applications are currently being accepted for the 2013 cohort.

Designed for “career changers,” the program invites applicants who were academically successful as undergraduates but have not completed the prerequisites needed to apply to medical school and other healthcare professional degree programs. The curriculum features an intensive, cohort-style academic experience for students who have a bachelor’s degree in a non-science area.

Jim Ahern has a bachelor’s degree in English, but he has his sights set on applying to medical schools after he completes the CU-Boulder Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Program in May.

“After researching most of the pre-med programs available, I chose CU. It is based on the cohort model, which means that all of the students go through the same classes together,” Ahern said. “Together we’ve become a cohesive group, where I feel I get the support I need while also giving back at the same time.”

In addition to coursework, the program provides students with personalized advising, study skills support, and application and MCAT/testing assistance.

“I am continually impressed with how invested CU is in our program, and I really appreciate it,” Ahern said.

The 2013 cohort will begin coursework on June 3 and orientation begins May 29. Applications for 2013 are reviewed on a rolling basis and will be accepted until all 22 positions are filled. Phone interviews with qualified candidates will begin in January, so applicants are encouraged to apply early.

Learn more… 

Bookmark and Share
  • print this story