December 5, 2012

Thinking About Changing Careers? The Career Exploration Workshop Can Help

“It is never too late to be who you might have been,” said George Eliot, a famed English novelist. She was so determined to be a published author in the 1800s, she chose a male pen name to ensure her works were taken seriously.

Indeed, it is never too late to pursue your career dreams. Eliot’s advice and determination could serve as a model for modern-day career changers, and the Career Exploration Workshop can help translate those dreams into a reality.

In the Career Exploration Workshop, you will begin to identify who you are through your interests, values, skills, strengths, and personality type, in addition to exploring how this information relates to a career. With Career Advisor Dahlia Smith as a guide, participants will integrate various methods for self-assessment and tracking career passions.

“It was one of the best courses I have taken in my entire life,” said Andrea Quigley, workshop alumna. “Dahlia’s guidance was exactly what I needed, and Career Exploration verified what I suspected—I needed to do something different with my life.”

This hands-on class will assist you in finding a satisfying career direction, whether you are making a career change or just beginning to enter the job market. After the class, you will also have access to the Continuing Education Career Advisor for individual sessions.

The 6-week class begins Feb. 13 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Enroll today! Tuition is $190. Continuing Education offers a Nontraditional Student Scholarship for funding towards the cost of one course. Nondegree seeking students age 22+ are eligible to apply for the competitive funding based on an essay.

Bookmark and Share
  • print this story